Assistant Chief Pilot
Job Description, Duties, and Qualifications:
An Assistant Chief Pilot is accountable for the professional standards of the flight crews under his/her authority and operations and training safety management goals. Oversees the day to day operations of the flight department, including but not limited to; Scheduling of flight crews, review of Flight Risk Assessment Tools, administering performance reviews, assisting with the hiring of new flight crew, management of pilot staff.
- Performing the duties of Line Pilot or Instructor Pilot when necessary;
- Assisting in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and qualification requirements for flight crews;
- Maintaining records pertaining to pilot certifications and currency.
- Issuing directives and notices to the flight crews as required;
- Ensuring that all aerodromes and routes served by the operator are operationally suitable and meet company requirements;
- Coordinating with ATC facilities in regards to operating and flight plan requirements;
- Following up on any accident, incident, and other occurrence reports;
- Supervising aircraft crews; and
- Assuming any responsibilities delegated by the Chief Pilot.
- Holds a valid Commercial Pilot or ATP Certificate or with Instrument Rating in Aircraft, Single Engine Land;
- Holds a current FAA First Class Medical Certificate;
- Has a minimum of 500 hours total flight time;
- Has no accidents or incidents within the last five years;
- Has no FAA Sanctions within the last five years; and
- Learns and demonstrates knowledge of the content of the Flight Operations Manual, Training Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Manual, and the provisions of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) and standards necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Flight Instructor, Aircraft, Single Engine Land;
- Instrument Flight Instructor; and
- 200hrs dual given.
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and complete an application at this link.
If your experience meets our criteria we may contact you for more information and to schedule an interview.